1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 18.2)
- All private land and hedges.
- On or beyond all public roads.
- On or to the left of the 14th fairway when playing the 13th hole until you pass the 2 white posts.
2. PENALTY AREAS (Rule 17)
- All penalty areas are red penalty areas.
- All open ditches and ponds should be treated as red penalty areas, whether they are or not.
- If a red penalty area coincides with a boundary of the course, then lateral relief on the course side of the penalty area is always available.
3. AERATION HOLES
If a player's ball lies in or touches an aeration hole:
a) Ball in general area - the player may take relief under rule 16.1b.
b) Ball on putting green - the player may take relief under rule 16.1d.
But interference does not exist if the aeration hole only interferes with the player's stance, or on the putting green, on the player's line of play.
4. DIRECTIONAL MARKER POSTS
Any shot that hits a directional marker post such as those on the 8th and 13th
must be replayed without penalty.
5. ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS (Rule 16)
- Relief may be taken from any area that is marked as an abnormal ground condition, either with a sign or a white line.
- Any area prepared as a temporary green should be considered as a wrong putting green, and relief must be taken in accordance with rule 13.1f.
- Unsurfaced pathways through the rough are not an abnormal course condition and no relief is available.
Other abnormal conditions include the following:
- Artificially-surfaced roads and paths.
- Artificial drainage channels and slits.
- The parts of the bridges on the 3rd hole that are outside the penalty area.
- Artificial steps to putting greens and teeing grounds.
- Benches and their concrete bases.
- Staked trees.
Relief from interference by an abnormal course condition may be taken under rule 16.1.
- All sprinkler heads (additional relief is available where a sprinkler head situated within two club lengths of the putting green and within two club lengths of the ball interferes with the line of play to the hole).
Slope rating tables