We are very proud of our Junior section at Piltdown: we have a waiting list, with 150 junior members aged 6-18 who regularly take part in a full programme of coaching and fun events.
We take safeguarding very seriously, and have the following policy in place to ensure Piltdown is a safe place for young people to enjoy their golf.
- Regular group sessions in term time on Saturday afternoon for novices and intermediates
- Regular group sessions for novices, intermediates and advanced on Tuesday in the school holidays
- Whole day golf camps for novices and intermediates in the school holidays
Coaching for Youngsters
We have two PGA Professionals at Piltdown. Both are available for individual or small group lessons. Head Pro Jason Partridge has over 20 years' experience of working with children to learn and improve their golf. He benefits from the help of Assistant Professional James Doswell.
James will be running some weekend group sessions and holiday camps during 2024. To find out more, please contact Jason or James on 01825 722389.
The sessions are a great way to give youngsters a taste of golf, and it gives them a relaxed and fun way to give golf a go and meet some new friends.
Booking for all lessons, camps and junior events is essential.
- Drive Chip Putt - great fun for young golfers at all levels
- Family Golf afternoons one Sunday a month. For children and their parents. A great way to get to know other golfing families and motivate the children to get on the course with others.
- Monthly competition for juniors with handicaps
- Inter-schools’ Trophy - juniors and their parents represent their schools
- The Brown Bowl and The Brown Cup - juniors team up with relative in the junior ‘major’ of the year
Inter Club matches
- Q tour - quadrangular series of friendly matches with local clubs for novice golfers upwards
- Downland League - team matches for the more elite players
There are different ways to join the club - either as an individual junior, or if mum/dad is keen as part of our Family Academy programme.
Junior Under 12 - £75 for a calendar year. Unlimited access to the club and subsidised coaching
Junior 12-17 - £150 for a calendar year. Unlimited access to the club and subsidised coaching
Family Academy - £425 for a calendar year to include up to 2 adults and 2 children. Click here for more details
Please contact the secretary to learn more about becoming a junior member at