We are very proud of our Junior section at Piltdown: we have almost 100 juniors aged 6-18 who regularly take part in a full programme of coaching and fun events.
We take safeguarding very seriously, and have the following policy in place to ensure Piltdown is a safe place for young people to enjoy their golf.
- Regular group sessions in term time on Saturday afternoon for novices and intermediates
- Regular group sessions for novices, intermediates and advanced on Tuesday in the school holidays
- Whole day golf camps for novices and intermediates in the school holidays
- Drive Chip Putt - great fun for young golfers at all levels
- Family Golf afternoons one Sunday a month. For children and their parents. A great way to get to know other golfing families and motivate the children to get on the course with others.
- Monthly competition for juniors with handicaps
- Inter-schools’ Trophy - juniors and their parents represent their schools
- The Brown Bowl and The Brown Cup - juniors team up with relative in the junior ‘major’ of the year
Inter Club matches
- Q tour - quadrangular series of friendly matches with local clubs for novice golfers upwards
- Downland League - team matches for the more elite players
As you can see, we have a full program of events throughout the year. For more details please click the junior events button.
There are different ways to join the club - either as an individual junior, or if mum/dad is keen as part of our Family Academy programme.
Junior Under 12 - £75 for a calendar year. Unlimited access to the club and subsidised coaching
Junior 12-17 - £150 for a calendar year. Unlimited access to the club and subsidised coaching
Family Academy - £425 for a calendar year to include up to 2 adults and 2 children. Click here for more details
Please contact the secretary to learn more about becoming a junior member at