* We value an intimate, friendly, and unfussy atmosphere at our club and the easy equality
between all members, to the exclusion of cliques and sub-divisions.
* We are predominantly a two ball club, playing foursomes and singles in the morning,
with other formats including 3 and 4 balls allowed after 11am.
* We enjoy a wide variety of golfing events and competitions of all sorts;
formats such as our famous Tuesday Boys and holiday foursomes that mix members together are very popular.
We compete in friendly matches against like-minded clubs, as well as in competitive league and County events.
* We warmly welcome visiting players and societies of quality,
but not in such numbers as to impede access to the course for members and their guests.
* Our high quality kitchen serves excellent food and wine.
Casual dress is acceptable in the clubhouse and bar, while more formal dress,
including jacket and tie for men, is expected in the dining room.
* Piltdown is a very social club that hosts many non-golfing events throughout the year,
including bridge evenings, concerts, wine tastings, quizzes and theatrical productions,
all of which members are encouraged to support.